11 January 2011

Insert foot in mouth and close

Wow, it's been a few days since I last posted, thanks to a lack of Internet at my house right now. (Stupid AT&T!) So, I'm sitting at the base library to bring this to you all:

Remember a few days ago when I was feeling so down? Remember how I thought nothing was going right or according to plan? Remember that? I do, and now I can't help but laugh at myself.

Why, you ask......

Because I'm pregnant!!!! I am so excited. I was just testing too early and I let it mess with my head. I thought for sure that I would never be able to do it without the help of the fertility doctors. All I could see was a long hard road ahead of me.

Well, now I see a different road. It will still be hard, but not as long. In fact, the journey should end around September 16, 2011. I can't believe I'm going to have a September baby. Who am I kidding?!?! I can't believe I'm going to have a baby!! I am beyond thrilled!

Now, as some of you know, I am a very high risk patient. For those that don't know, I'll break it down for you:
1. I had a miscarriage prior to getting pregnant with Noah.
2. I went into pre-term labor with Meta at 16 weeks.
3. They then placed an emergency cerclauge (where they sew your cervix shut.)
4. After having 1 cerclauge, you will have to have one with any subsequent pregnancies.
5. I had weight loss surgery.

So, those are the reasons I am considered high risk. They will place my cerclauge sometime around 12 weeks. As of right now, I can't get in for my OB orientation until 8 Feb, but I am going to continue to call to see if someone has cancelled and I can get in sooner. After the orientation, I will be seen by Maternal Fetal Medicine. I will most likely be seen on a pretty much weekly basis like I was with Noah.

If you are my FB friend, you already knew all of this, so I'm sorry to bore you. :P
If not, then you're all caught up!

Oh, and if you're wondering what Noah thinks of the whole thing, well, let's just say he's jealous. Not of the fact that there will be a new baby. He's mad because he wants a baby in his belly too! Lol, I love that little guy!

I'll be posting often about the sprout, and let you all know how it's going. But I promise to try to not let it consume my blog!

Until next time,
Preggo KK

2 comments:

  1. Well I think the fact that you have lost so much weight has HELPED you get pregnant this time around. I know things will go great and hopefully you will get the little girl you want (even though I am still on team Blue). Love you Kels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! So happy for you!

    Keri@GlamorousArmy
    http://theglamourouslifeofanarmywife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete